According to the Ocala Marion Transportation Planning Organization, Marion Oaks is expected to have employment growth that’s greater than the surrounding areas—projecting that this will be true for the next 25 years.
The median salary in the area is estimated to be $30,000 annually—and, because there aren’t apartment buildings in the area, this means the average couple will likely be seeking out an attractive home to rent. So, if you invest in homes that appeal to these renters—the types of homes that are also of interest to first-time home buyers—you’ve got real estate assets that can appeal to renters for decades to come.
Maximizing Return on Investment
First, let’s take a look at today’s figures for Marion Oaks homes. Between April and June 2020:
- The median sales price was $160,000
- The median monthly rent was $1,200
Now let’s say that, as an investor, you:
- Buy rental properties in the range of $140,000-$150,000
- Seek to rent them for $1,400-$1,500
When purchasing the properties, let’s say that you:
- secure a 30-year mortgage
- at an interest rate of less than 5%
- putting down no down payment
This would give you a monthly payment of approximately $800, which is $600-$700 less than what you’ll charge in rent for the property. Even when considering maintenance costs, this can net a nice cash flow.
Are you looking for a property management company to help maximize the value of your investment property?
Contact us today: 352-414-5292
If you’re wondering how practical this strategy is, here’s what our CEO, Clay Lehman, has to say. “Demand for rentals right now is crazy.” In fact, he said that, in the $1,300-$1,500 rent range, Resolute is receiving multiple applications for a home.
To provide you with more information, we’ve done a deep dive on the reasons why Marion Oaks is becoming such a popular spot, with maps and charts and demographic insights. At a high level, this includes its proximity to Tampa and Orlando; how it’s a family-oriented community; how it’s an affordable area; and how exciting commercial and infrastructure developments are taking place.
Rather than go into great detail in this blog post, we invite you to take a look at our Marion Oaks real estate investment overview. If this intrigues you and you want to talk further, simply schedule a 15-minute, no pressure call with us.
Central Florida Property Management Company
To maximize your investment, whether that’s on just a couple of properties or something more significant, it can make sense to hire a property management company that knows the ins and outs of Marion Oaks. The reality is that, having experts on your side—ones who understand the local housing market, laws, and regulations—can be a big difference maker. It can be the difference between:
- earning back your investment more quickly OR
- experiencing problems with cash flow because of longer vacancies or unexpected expenses
Resolute Property Management is highly experienced with Central Florida property management, including Marion Oaks, and we’ve earned our stellar reputation for protecting homeowners. Our services include:
- Property marketing: We fill vacancies within 30 days for 98% of the properties we manage.
- Tenant placement services: We pre-screen renters in multiple ways, including to verify income and employment and to check criminal history.
- Property inspections: We conduct them bi-annually to proactively identify issues.
- Repair management: Never get your hands dirty!
Ready to talk? Schedule a 15-minute call today.